Transferring a domain to Servers Australia from your current registrar is easy. Simply prepare the domain for transfer and follow the instructions below to place the order through the mySAU portal.
Costs to transfer domain
Top level domains (.com .net - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLD) - one more year of renewal, which is added to the current registration period.
.au domain name (.com.au .net.au) - no fee to transfer the domain if you still have 90 days left in the registration, otherwise you will need to pay for a 2 year renewal.
Preparing the domain for transfer
- Ensure that the administrator contact details are correct. Domain registrars will use these to send information about the transfer.
- Get an EPP code (aka authorisation code) from the current registrar. This is required to verify the domain transfer to Servers Australia.
- Order transfer through the mnySAU portal (see instructions below)
Ordering a domain transfer through the mySAU Portal
- log into the customer portal at mysau.com.au using a registered email address and password
- Select Manage domains from the 'products' menu option
- Select the 'order new domain' button at the top right of the screen
- Select '(Choose Another Category)' then select 'Transfer Domain'
- Enter the domain name to be transferred e.g. www.australiadomain.com
Select 'Check Availability'
- If the domain is available to transfer, you will be advised of the cost to transfer.
Select 'Click to Continue >>' to proceed with the transfer.
- Enter the EPP code (authorisation code) from the old registrar
- If you would like to use custom name servers, specify these under the 'Namerservers' heading.
- Hit 'update cart' to add the transfer to your cart
- Once you have completed ordering, check out and pay to have the domain transfer initiated.