So you have just purchased Spam Experts for your server - you've configured the first domain but mail isn't flowing - when you send test messages they bounce or just don't get delivered.
Here are a few tips on the configuration required for WHM/cPanel servers:
Make sure the MX records for the domain are:
mx1.servercontrol.com.au Priority 10
mx2.servercontrol.com.au Priority 20
Make sure the Spam Experts servers are pointing to the correct server for delivery to your domain:
* Log into the Spam Experts server
* Search for the domain name
* Click on the domain name link
* Select the "Edit Route(s)" button
* Make sure the IP or URL entered is correct and that it exists.
To have mail delivered to a local mailbox in WHM/cPanel from Spam Experts you must set the MX routing in WHM/cPanel to Local:
To do this:
* Log into WHM
* Search for DNS in the search just below the WHM logo
* Select "Edit DNS Zone"
* Type the domain name - or select it from the list
* Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure "Email Routing" is set to "Local Mail Exchanger" and not "Automatically Detect Configuration".
If left on Auto - WHM looks at the MX records and sees they are not local addresses - it will set the routing to "Remote Mail Exchanger" which will cause all emails to fail when Spam Experts tries to deliver an email to the server - it will see the domain is set to remote and not accept the mail for delivery.