You are running your own dedicated server – you have multiple levels of packages for your customers, ranging from a basic email account type all the way through to major disk space and bandwidth users.
Now, not ever user is an adept system admin, some customers may have trouble managing a complete cpanel account. If you have a package type BasicEmail package – chances are those users are not going to need every feature cPanel has to offer – and in some cases it can be detrimental to give them every option – especially for those inquisitive customers that like to randomly click on options without completely understanding what they could be doing.
So to create a customised feature set for each package – try these steps:
- Log into WHM
- In the WHM search box type in: Feature
- Click on “Feature Manager” on the menu
- Here you will see there are 3 basic feature sets – Default, Disabled and Mail Only
- Enter a name for your new Feature Set: something like BasicEmailOnly then click “Add”
- On the following page – go through and select/deselect the feature you would your users to have available to them.
- Click Save once you are done.
To assign this new feature set to a package – follow these steps:
- In the WHM search box type in: package
- Select “Edit a Package” from the menu
- Select the package you wish to modify and click “Edit”
- Towards the bottom of the page you will see “Feature List” – change this to the feature set you have just created
- Click “Save Changes”