Many e-mail servers are configured to reject incoming e-mails from any IP address which does not have reverse DNS. The MySAU portal allows you to update a reverse DNS record for any IP addresses allocated to your Dedicated, Cloud, Colocation, or Virtual server.
- To make an update simply log in to the portal select Services.
- Select the server that the IP address is allocated to.
- Select Reverse DNS from the side menu.
- From there you can update the record by clicking on Edit to open the edit box.
- Click Update PTR to provide the new record.
Alternatively, you can reset the record back to default (sau-order-id.servercontrol.com.au.). It is also generally wise to ensure you have an A record pointing back to your IP address which matches your Reverse DNS Entry.
NOTE: Ensure you have a full stop at the end of your new record so that it is valid.