To assist us in narrowing down any potential network issues, we may ask our customers for an MTR report.
This report helps us trace your network traffic along its path to your server, and provides us with the information required to narrow down any issues between your server and where you are connecting from.
To generate an MTR report which can be emailed or submitted via a support ticket, please follow these steps:
- Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
(If you’re using Windows Server, you’ll most likely want the 64bit version)
- Unzip the download file to your local computer.
- Open the WinMTR_x64 folder that you’ve just unpacked.
- Double click on WinMTR.exe to open the program.
- Type the IP address of your server in the ‘Host’ section. Example: If your server IP is 188.8.131.52, it should look like this:
- Press the Start button in the application.
- The MTR report should now be running and you should now see some data populating the previously blank area.
- Let the MTR report run for at least 10 minutes.
- After at least 10 minutes of the report running, click the ‘Copy Text to Clipboard’ button.
- You can now paste the MTR report into your ticket or email to Servers Australia for review.